The Senior’s Inclusion Program Committee (SIPC), is a joint volunteer committee of George St. United Church and the Jimmy Pratt Memorial Outreach Centre. The SIPC delivers regularly scheduled programs and special events from the outreach centre on George St in downtown St. John’s. The committee recently initiated a review and evaluation of the current wants and needs of seniors participating in their programs so that it might better address these elements with programming. It is not specifically the mandate of the committee to address the issues that become evident through this process however, SIPC will bring them to the attention of various government departments and other organizations working with seniors to help address concerns outside the mandate and scope of SIPC.
Objectives of the Senior’s Inclusion Program are:
- Provide a venue for social interaction
- Provide an exercise program suitable to their age groups
- Create a welcoming and friendly environment
- Keep patrons informed on issues of interest and concern and opportunities for change
- Offer healthy lunch menus each week